Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Random thoughts

As I'm thinking about writing, the first word that comes into my head is "so"....that seems to be how I start all my writings, including when I try to sit down and write a song.  Why is that?  It's like a continuation of a conversation that really doesn't exist...right?  Anyway that is my first random thought of the day.

So....(there it is)  I'm trying to get these blog posts to sound better, you know, writing wise.  But how can you get clear concise thoughts when your head is full of random thoughts about everything under the sun.  The thoughts just keep popping in and out.  All different topics enter my brain, from why Christians act the way they do when they are suppose to represent Christ, to why people in general do the things they do.  My new favorite saying (started by my daughter) is a quote from Winnie The Pooh...(I seem to quote him a lot these days).  Winnie the Pooh says "you never can tell with bees"....in a very thought provoking tone.  I use that a lot for the very puzzling behavior that I see in people.  You never CAN tell with people, what their thinking or reasoning is for doing things.  I'm NOT surprised by their actions, but at the same time I AM....

I know that God created us to have very complicated brains, but there is a part of me that wonders if they know why they do the crazy things that they do....I know I don't even understand my own behavior at times and wonder if they even know that they are doing Weird things.  My other favorite quote from Winnie is "oh bother"....that seems to sum it up.  Some severely intellectual people might say that my choice of inspiration for quotes was a little on the child like scale....well, so be it....  They seem to fit my feelings a lot of times.  I also quote the Bible at times.  My favorite verse in times of questioning things that seem to have no answer, is from Psalms....."I do not concern myself with things too profound for me"   I wish it were true for me.  I tend to re-hash events and peoples motives and reasons for doing things....which always sends me down the wrong path.

Other things that occupy my brain is all the "to do's" in my head....keeping a clean house, keeping a clean and well kept garden and yard, why do I have so many snakes in my yard and is it cruel to kill them, raising and teaching my children, trying to think of clever ideas to keep them interested in learning, craft ideas to put on the blog, quilting that is getting behind and scrapbooking that seems to have come to a screeching halt, letting people know that I appreciate their concern and love for us (the ones that do), graduation preparations, My oldest's future, spouses for my children to be godly people who will help them be all they can in Christ, My husband and I to be best friends until we die, Christ to come back and get us soon, What to do with my mother and what is the best for her, her yard work and house work, what kind of lawn mower to buy next, what to make for supper, why can't I plan a menu?, why can't I keep the house clean?, who wears all these clothes?, why did my husband bring a dog home?  what would we do without the entertainment of the dog?

And on that note....my brain is tired and now I want to finally go back to sleep....and by the way....why do I have trouble sleeping?  oops....time to shut this brain off for a while before it has an overload.  lol

Sorry for the tangent of randomness...

No comments: